When we all think about Digital Marketing, the first and best marketing methods comes such as SMO, SEM, SMM, PPC Etc… Which developed by Ray Tomlinson, Digital marketing is the marketing of goods and services via digital technologies & also includes marketing services and products using display advertising, mobile phones, and other digital media. To start a Best career, Digital Marketing is the right choice to learn. Here have some Rules for SMO it’s used to grow on Digital Marketing Strategy.
What is SMO
- Social media optimization(SMO) is the use of social media networks to manage and grow an organization’s message and online presence.
- As a digital strategy, social media optimization can be used to increase awareness of new products and services, connect with customers, and ameliorate potential damaging news.
- In general, social media optimization refers to optimizing a website and its content in terms of sharing across social media and networking sites.
Social Media Optimization and Messaging
- Companies using multiple social networks may use Internet-based tools designed to improve the organization and dissemination of company messaging.
- The tool may allow an employee tasked with optimization to push a specific message across multiple networks at the same time, as well as manage any feedback provided by individuals who reply to any posts on social media networks.
- This type of social media marketing, called viral marketing, operates under the assumption that the company will achieve a broader reach by getting others to pass content along rather than relying solely on users finding the content on their own.
For more Detailed Information: Click Here
The Five Rules of SMO
1. Create shareable content
This is fundamental to social media marketing, so in SMO it’s about determining the content that your audience prefers to share across different social media platforms.
2. Make sharing easy
This is the embedding of buttons and other widgets to encourage sharing, recommending or bookmarking within your site and blog. SMO analyses the best placements, formats, and messages to do this.
3. Reward engagement
It’s commonplace now to reward “Liking” or “Tweeting” through a promotional or content offer, so this can look at the best offers to do this.
4. Proactively Share Content
This covers the process and format for sharing beyond your central hub. This can include syndicating articles to other partners or platforms like Slide share or Scribe. Some also create their widgets for embedding or sharing on other sites (atomization).
5. Encourage the “ Mashup” is encouraging folks to take and remix your content, so it becomes user-generated content. This activity can effectively be built into campaigns.